I am new to Fashion Blogging. So naturally it came as a sweet surprise when I found a message from my blogger friends Jasmine and Silvia of The Fashion Glitter that they have nominated my blog for the LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD (hadn’t heard of this award before 😉 ).
Thank you so much, Jasmine and Silvia!! Love you both !! 🙂
Since I had no idea about this award, I tried doing some internet search to find out something about it. But I ended up visiting links to blogs which have received the award themselves. So what I figured out is The Liebster Award is an attempt to give recognition to new blogs with less than 200 followers thereby helping the blogs in increasing their traffic and visitors count.
That really sounds great!! There are actually a lot of fresh blogs with very interesting contents waiting to be discovered. I already have more than a dozen of personal favorites!
So here are the rules of the Liebster Blog Award:
1. Choose 11 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster Award.
2. Thank to the blogger(s) who nominated you for the award by linking back to them.
3. Share 11 random facts that people don’t know about you.
4. Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger(s) who nominated you
5. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
Now it is my turn to actually follow the rules 😉 Let me start by answering the question that Jasmine and Silvia asked:
Why did you choose to open your blog? The primary reason is to share my thoughts on fashion and my personal style, and to interact with other fashion bloggers all over the world.
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a Fashion Designer from a very young age. And guess what, I have become one!! 🙂
What’s your favorite thing to have for dessert? Anything to do with chocolates
Favorite time of the day? Evening.
What is the most beautiful place you’ve visited? A place called ‘Cherapunjee’ in North East India. This place receives the highest rainfall in the world. Its surrounded by mountains on all sides and is lovely to visit during the monsoons.
Did you ever wish you had a different name? No.
Sea or mountains? Both!
What is the thing that should not be missing from your wardrobe? Lingerie.
Who is your favorite fictional character? No one.
Heels; yes or no? Yes…yes…yes
Red lipstick or natural? The present trend is RED lips and I go by it.
I loved answering all the questions and forward the same to my favorite bloggers too.
11 random facts that people don’t know about me. (I have strictly decided to stay away from fashion topics here, because in my blog everybody gets to know a lot about my fashion fantasies.)
1. I am born on the Christmas day- 25th December.
2. I am a hard core animal lover. I hate people who are cruel to animals.
3. I am very scared of insects-all kinds of insects. Spiders, caterpillars, moths, crickets…just about anything.
4. I am a foodie (although I don’t look like one). I love Italian food, salads and fruits.
5. I am addicted to my weekly dose of cardio-vascular exercises.
6. I am a coffee person. I love the smell of coffee, the taste of coffee and the look of coffee. A big cup of coffee is a great way to start my day.
7. Paris is my dream city!! I would love to go and live there some day.
8. I am into painting and illustration too. I have dedicated another blog called ‘Creative Logbook‘ solely for the passion of creative art.
9. I spend my free time playing with my cat and dog, listening to music while doing my chores or watching a movie.
10. I love to travel but dislike long journeys and always wish to reach the destination fast. I am waiting for a time machine to get invented soon!! 🙂
11. I am a summer person and I start shivering even when the temperature drops to 25 degree celcius.
And finally!!!! The most exciting part of all, which is, to choose my 11 favorite bloggers for the award. Here they are (in no specific order):
1. The Beauty Beast Blog by Ruku Taneja. This blog is as cute as the blogger herself. She shares a lot of beauty and make up tips along with her personal make up collection and interviews some really interesting and unusual professionals from the fashion industry.
2. The faeries stole my socks by Caitie. This girl is an artist and a really good one. You must visit her blog to believe me. Each piece of her work is better than the other and I am an absolute fan!!
3. Playing with Fashion is another blog that totally deserves the Liebster Blog Award. The blogger’s personal style is beautiful and she also posts designer interviews of newbie labels and trend photographs.
4. Kate William‘s eponymous blog is a storehouse of fashion tips and tricks that all of us know but yet forget when we need them the most. She also shares some really cute DIYs as well. I am already a regular.
5. A chair for my bag has some really interesting compilation of images. Images of looks, of styles, of accessories and of outfits. A simple blog that you will love visiting.
6. Style By Sisters by sisters Courtney and Loren is a refreshing blog with loads of style snaps and fun photographs. This blog can bring youth back to all those who do not feel that young any more!
7. The Local Transplant has some amazing photographs. I simply love Aimee’s style. Don’t really know how she manages to be so effortlessly stylish and yet so casual about it at the same time. Aimee, are you listening?? 🙂
8. Fashion, Design and Style is a blog for street style inspirations. The blogger always sources the perfect images that you would want to pin straight into your pinterest account.
9. Sylvie’s Fashion Secrets is exactly what the name suggests. She really knows her topics well and her personal style is awesome too. And know what, she also posts cute photographs of kittens which is so nice because I love cats!!!!
10. La Petite Winget. I love this blog purely for the photographs of the blogger’s personal style. Its fun, quirky and stylish. Definitely worth a visit.
11. Cara’s Cliche is the last (definitely not the least) of my favorite blogs that I would like to nominate for the Liebster Blog Award. Cara is pretty, polite and has amazing style. Check out her blog if you don’t believe me!!! 🙂
It took me a long time to find my favorite 11 blogs with less than 200 followers. In fact, I guess some of them have more than 200 followers as well. But they are still new blogs and good ones too. So, my favorite bloggers, keep the chain going and keep promoting new blogs exactly like this. Remember love begets love!!! 🙂