I talk very little about makeup on my blog and mostly stick to my routine look posts. That is because I actually don’t know much about it. I do know how to wear make up but I rarely get very experimental with it. I am always more inclined towards eating right and working out to maintain a healthy body and skin because I find hiding imperfections with makeup a lot more complicated than working towards a healthy skin. But yes, I do believe that,
“A touch of makeup always helps in enhancing the best features of your face.”
Makeup definitely plays an integral part of my everyday dressing up, not to hide all that much, but definitely to enhance my best features! Today I am going to share with you guys my makeup must haves specially for summer. I say summer because summer weather is the longest in my country, plus it’s extremely hot, humid and not the most pleasant time of the year. That makes me all the more choosy with the makeup items I pick for the season.
When it comes to summer makeup, I also happen to follow the ‘Less is More’ concept. So, here is a list of my day and night makeup must haves for summer.
1. Sunscreen: Sunscreen is an integral part of my skin care essentials and is also the most important beauty item of my day makeup must haves. I skip moisturizer during days and put on a generous amount of sunscreen and re apply every two hours if I am outdoors. I love Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sun block with SPF 50 because its light, doesn’t clog pores and easy to apply.
2. Face Mist: I keep spraying face mist when it gets very humid. It helps shield the make-up and is extremely refreshing. Also it works as a good moisturizer when it gets too humid. My favorite is The Body Shop Vitamin E face mist.
3. Foundation: Instead of liquid or cream foundation, I rely on powder compacts to control shine and give evenness to the skin. Revlon Photo ready Compact works really well on my skin.
4. Eye Liner: My eyes are mostly covered in sunglasses during my day out in summer so I usually skip any eye make-up. If I must put some, I just line my lower lids with Maybelline Collosal Kajal pencil eye liner (Similar here)
5. Lip Color: Maybelline Baby Lips in Berry Crush is my lip saver during summer. It’s hydrating, light with a tint of color.
6. Body Mist: I am sensitive to very strong spirit smells and that’s why I love staying closer to nature. Body sprays and Body Mists usually replace perfumes when it comes to choosing my everyday fragrances. I love fruity fragrances and strawberry body mist from The Body shop is my current favorite.
My night look definitely has more colors to it than the day look. As the temperature gets a lot cooler during the evenings, there are some possibilities of experimentation in terms of my night makeup.
1. Moisturizer: I start with Neutrogena Oil free moisturizer for combination skin. It’s a perfect light weight moisturizer for humid summer that does not clog pores and has oil absorbing properties.
2. BB Cream: For summer nights I prefer a BB cream instead of heavy foundation that melts after a few minutes giving a washed out look. A BB cream is great for humid months and gives a good coverage hiding light pigmentation and uneven skin and yet gives a light feel. I am a fan of The Body Shop BB Cream that suits my skin color quite well.
3. Blush: A hint of blush is a must for an evening out so I give the mush needed colors to my cheek with a L’Oreal True Match blush.
4. Eye Shadow: I prefer some eye shadow during summer nights and mostly in earthy shades. Revlon Eye Shadow palette is my best friend!
5. Eye Liner: Since it’s less humid at night I replace my pencil liner with a liquid one. Love L’Oreal Super Liner in black.
6. Mascara: No eye make-up is complete without a generous coating of mascara. I choose L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara and use two coats for my lashes. It gives length as well as volume to the lashes.
7. Lip Color: Last but not the least, a good lip color to seal the deal. Maybelline Super Stay Lipstick works well for my lips.
That sums up my list of Summer Makeup must haves. It’s a pretty simple one, isn’t it? That’s because, as I mentioned earlier, I believe in the ‘Less is More’ concept and also because my oily sensitive skin cannot take anything too complicated without breaking out!
What kind of make-up do you like to use in summer? How different is it from your winter make-up?
I would love to discuss and know more about your experiences as I feel I don’t know as much about makeup as I would love to! So please, do pour in your comments.
See you next week with a new post. Till then enjoy your weekend and stay good! 🙂