Leopard print is one of the most popular prints in current Fashion world. But I do doubt how popular it is to wear leopard print to work! Leopard print is considered very sexy and sensuous, not the kind of message anyone would like to carry around at work place! However, if done right, leopard can work really well as a stylish office fashion print. Over the years Leopard print has made it to the list of ‘neutrals’ or ‘basics’. Which means, it has become so common that every woman probably owns at least one fashion item in this print. Even though it does look intimidating and over-the-top at the first glance, leopard print also stands for being confident and bold, the very personality traits quite prevalent in the millennial boss-babes!
In this post I am going to cover some of the basic do’s and don’ts of wearing leopard print to work.
1. Do wear formal silhouettes like a sheath dress or a pair of trousers in leopard print. Don’t wear anything too tight, figure hugging or ‘sexy’ in leopard print.
2. Do team your leopard printed pieces with basic formal items like a classic white shirt or a pair of black trousers. Don’t go overboard with trendy pieces.
3. Do opt for leopard printed accessories like a bag or a pair of pumps. Don’t ever wear an all-over leopard print.
4. Do wear your leopard print with neutral colours like black, white, brown and beige. Don’t mix with bright colours or bold patterns.
5. Do wear minimalistic leopard printed jewellery like a pair of studs or a bangle. Don’t wear statement jewellery in leopard print to work.
Some of the styling tips would be to team a pair of leopard printed trousers with a crisp white shirt and a black blazer.
That is how I am wearing mine in the photographs. You could replace the trousers with a formal pencil skirt. A leopard formal dress with a boyfriend blazer or a leopard printed shirt with a pair of black/brown trousers are another few ideas. There are a lot of outfit possibility, it’s all about finding a combination that you are comfortable with.
I work in fashion and we never had a very strict dress code at workplace when I was working full time. If you work in a law firm, may be leopard print at work will not be a good idea. However, if your work place allows a bit of experimentation, do try the above tips to wear something in leopard print. I am sure you will enjoy the experience! 🙂
I am a huge fan of leopard print and have worn this print uncountable times on the blog and in real life. If you are looking for more leopard outfit ideas, do check out my previous outfit posts on the blog.
I know the time is tough at the moment and you mus be stuck at work wondering what else to do. If you are looking for some creative ideas to put your lock-down day to good use, check out my post here.
See you soon with a new post. Until then, stay safe and positive!