Work wear is one category where I see women facing a lot of dilemma. The desire to mix professionalism with style can get very confusing. At work we wish to look smart, mean business and be taken seriously. But the woman inside us wish to look good as well. The confusion begins when we try to balance these two aspects, making work wear fashion tips probably few of the most searched key words on Google!
I work in Fashion and we don’t really have any strict dress codes at or work places. We have girls showing up at work wearing tank tops, skinny jeans and sandals, carrying a backpack, without anyone raising an eyebrow. However, not work places are similar. We also have banks and corporate offices, and such places do expect their employees to dress up little more formal than what I just described!
Today’s post is all about work wear fashion; how to dress up to work, look professional and also stylish at the same time.
Here are my top 5 tips to put together an office wear wardrobe that is less boring more fashionable!
- Break free from Black and White. Think colors and patterns that are formal yet feminine. The brown shirt with cobalt polka shirt that I am wearing is formal enough to be worn to work, yet stylish enough to look boring. Do you agree?
2. Look for details like piping, rounded collars and interesting buttons in your tops. In bottoms, look for elements like pleated front, tie up belts and patterns like stripes or hounds tooth print to add some style.
3. Try monochrome color combination. I bet a very few woman in your workplace will come up with light pink shirt and a dark pink bottom!
4. Experiment with the hemline of you trousers, but of course, don’t go too short! Ankle length trousers are in fashion and look really stylish. I am wearing a pair today! 🙂
5. Try accessories. I am sure I may have talked about the importance of accessories at least a 1000 times ever since I started my blog! Since we are talking work wear today, loud statement accessories may not be a great choice. But do try experimenting with your footwear and handbags. They can give a whole new look to your work wear wardrobe.
The desire to mix professionalism with style can get very confusing.
I hope you found my tips useful and hope this post will help you plan your office wardrobe better.
I will see you soon with another post!