I normally don’t post on a Sunday. But as I was slightly under the weather and couldn’t publish anything all throughout the week, I had to break my own rules.
I am also breaking another fashion rule here, that says one can’t wear bright colors in winter!
Being professionally connected to the fashion world in some way or the other, it has never been a big deal from me to pick my outfits, or tweak a fashion rule here and there. It kind of comes naturally to me. But I have seen a lot of my friends and family who are interested in fashion and really stressing themselves out trying to figure the latest trends. My fashion advice of “Hey, just wear ‘this’ with ‘that’ and you will look cool” doesn’t make them all that comfortable.
I also receive a lot of style related questions about how to wear certain trends and garments from a lot of my readers. Therefore I have decided to do publish more of such ‘how to style’ kind of posts, where not only do I show you outfit images but also share a few tips that can help you style your looks.
My blog is all about having fun with fashion. That also means that while I do follow fashion trends and know what is ‘in’ and ‘out’ of style, I don’t really take trends very seriously.
I wear what I like most of the time, and bright colors are one of my favorites!
Therefore I put together a lot of bright colors in a single outfit, contrary to the popular belief that you got to stick to dark colors, mostly blacks, during winter. Trust me, you can wear anything you like as long as you pull it off with confidence and genuinely enjoy the process of styling an outfit. Which basically means it is perfectly okay to wear bright colors in any season!
Read on for my top tips to wear bright colors in winter.
1. Everything looks good with light to medium wash indigo denims. If you are starting out for the first time, wear your bright winter clothes with a pair of denims.
2. Add some neutral colors to tone down the bright colors. A beige or a brown coat can do the trick.
3. Try styling with oversized sunglasses and high waist, loose or flared bottoms. Bright colors work really well in a retro look.
4. Keep accessories and jewellery to a minimum. However, a bright handbag or a scarf is an absolutely great idea to add some pop of color to your winter look.
5. End of the day it is all about balancing right. If a few of the items are bright in color, downplay the rest of it. I normally like to keep my make up simple with bright lips and just mascara in my eyes.
I hope you found my look post and style tips useful. If you have any questions or comments, do leave them below. You can also get in touch with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, so give me a follow if you aren’t following already! 🙂
See you soon with a new post.
Have a great day!