When the world is going through a phenomenal crisis, sometimes it feels better to focus on normal things of life, like an Off White Denim Jacket!
I am pretty sure most of you who are reading this blog post today are on a state of lock-down and social distancing somewhere in the world!
I am from India and we have a lock-down until 14th of April. Though it is getting quite boring and frustrating at times, I am trying to make the most of my lock-down time by trying to get creative and doing things that I would normally not get time to do. Not only is it helping me distract my mind from all the negative news updates, I am also taking time to relax, be more productive and of course, feel normal!
After all, we do want for the madness to end and for our lives to get back to normal, right?
In this post I am about to share some tips to style an off white Denim Jacket and some tips to creatively utilize your lock-down time.
When I buy a fashion item, I try to think of all possible ways to style it. It’s kind of my hobby as well as my profession. I have already shared a different way of styling this Jacket in one of my previous posts. (Do check it out if you haven’t done already.) This time around I decided to button it down and create a relatively ‘structured’ look. Though it is still a casual outfit, but so much more ‘well-put-together’. Like I mentioned in my previous post, this off white denim jacket is truly a very versatile piece.
I love a good mono-colour look and this white-on-white outfit is just what I wanted for the transition weather. I also added my all time favourite leopard print accessories to break the monotony a bit.
With white as the primary colour, almost any colour or pattern would look good with this outfit.
Do let me know your thoughts about the off white denim jacket, my ‘almost’ all white outfit and how differently would you have styled it if you were me! 🙂
This outfit was shot a few weeks back, when COVID-19 was still not a big threat to mankind! God, I miss those days! All of a sudden going out in public and doing the very basic things in life have started to feel like a luxury. May be this lock-down could be a good opportunity to practice gratitude for all those small thing that we always took for granted in our everyday lives!
As frustrating it may get, COVID-19 is real and so is the importance of social distancing. Though the lock-down has a definite time frame, no one knows for sure how life would be once we get back to the mainstream society. We don’t know about the future, but we sure know the present and can do something about spending the lock down time as positively as possible.
Here are my top 10 things to do while maintaining social distancing. Hope you find them helpful too.
- Start a Blog : I already have one and writing a blog post is one of the best ways to spend my free time. Even if you are not quite a writer or don’t want to blog either as a hobby or a profession, starting a blog even privately and pouring your heart out on your key board could be a creative stress buster!
- Room Makeover : The lock down time is perfect to move your furniture around, bring some plants in, change the curtains and give your room or the entire house a makeover. On a regular day you’d be too tired or busy to do so and in the weekends you’d have all your chores. Make the most of all your extra time and get creative with your interiors!
3. Work Out : As cliched as it may sound, a good work out is one of my biggest feel good factors! If you are new to working out, may be start with just a 10 minutes work out and stretch it to as long is you can. There are a lot of free online videos and resources to help you get started. You will love your body all the more once you step out in your favorite clothes after the lock down is over.
4. Culinary Skills : This is something I have been doing for a while now. But I have realized that I am getting more creative with my culinary skills during the lock down period. The resources are limited and we do not have access to any fresh fruits or vegetables (except for the ones growing in our kitchen garden). Trying to get creative cooking with limited ingredients is more fun than I thought. You might want to give a try!
5. Read a Book : The book lovers take out time to read a book, no matter what. But if you are like me, always struggling to take out time to read a book, this seems like a good opportunity. I have already finished 1 and a half books because I have no excuse now!
6. Connect with People : Social Distancing doesn’t mean you cannot stay in touch through phone calls and social media. It’s the best time to get in touch with people that matter and spend quality time helping, supporting and building a stronger relationship than ever.
7. Plan Your Next Travel : I know it is crazy to talk about travel at a time like this, but little bit of positivity goes a long way in making you feel better. I am positive, better days are just round the corner, and I want to focus on a happier tomorrow. I have already decided on my next destination and working on my travel plans. Of course I haven’t booked any tickets or hotels, but just the planning part is so much fun and normal!
8. Indulge in a Hobby : If there is a hobby that you always wanted to pursue and it can be done indoors, go for it. I used to paint a lot in the past but never get enough time to do it on a regular basis. I am so happy to be able to start painting again. Do you have any such hobby you want pursue during your lock down days?
9. Eat, Sleep and Relax : Most of us have been complaining forever about not having enough time, not feeling well rested, not being able to relax and enjoy the moment. While it is important to stay active and productive, this also seems like the perfect time to just relax and enjoy every moment and not worry about going to work the following day. Make the most of it while it lasts.
10. Donate to Charity : Thousand of people are either infected or dying around the globe! I am so thankful to God none of the people I care about have made it to that list! While we are in a privileged position, a lot of the people out there are not. Any help, how so ever big or small, go a long way at times like this. If you can, please donate to your local charitable organizations and help those in need!
Hope you found this post useful. Please pour in your questions and concerns in the comment section below. Don’t forget to tell me where are you from and how is the situation in your place right now.
Have a great day! See you soon!